If you are getting married during 2019 it is soon time to send out your wedding invitations. The wedding invitation is the first experience your guests will have of your wedding and it will set the style and tone for your big day. Have fun with the process of creating this unique suite, only the imagination sets the limit for its design.
Before you start writing your wedding invitation
- What style do you want for your wedding invitations? If you don´t already have a wedding concept it is time to create a moodboard with photos to have as an inspiration for the design. Also have a look at stationery designers that you like to see their past work and shoose an artist that work with the style you are after.
- What tone do you want in the invitation? Are you a couple that would say “Wohooo were getting married!” or maybe “The honor of your presence is requested at the marriage of”?
- How many cards do you want in your invitation? Just the one? Or a full set with details and info cards? If you want an invitation with just one card it would be a good idea to set up an wedding website where you can write down the information as details etc.
- You need to decide how you want to collect the RSVPs. This can be done via your wedding website, or by sending RSVP cards with return envelopes.
What info should be on the main invitation card?
Who, what and where.
- Your names
- The wedding day date
- Which time the ceremony starts
- The ceremony location
- The reception location if it is in a different place
- Dress code
- Whether or not children are invited
- Wedding website address
I hope this was helpful!
Photo: 2 Brides Photography // Stationery: Elins Art Studio
Be the first to Comment